January 28, 2015

The Life: 2015 Reading Challenge


reading challenge 2015
I've set myself a reading challenge of 20 books for this year over on goodreads. By setting myself a goal I don't want to put pressure on myself, but to motivate myself to step away from the internet at night and grab a good book to relax in bed instead of scrolling through instagram and twitter. 

I'm a quick reader and really adore diving into books and loosing myself in another world. But whilst studying for my B.A. I always felt the pressure to read academic papers and lost the pleasure of reading a bit. 

So I thought I would set myself a goal of 20 books, which gives me two and a half weeks to read one book. Sounds like an insanely long time to me to read a book, but I will be busy with academical papers and writing essays nontheless, so I want to keep it realistic and achievable.
reading challenge 2015 
To challenge myself a bit more and to make picking a book even more fun I chose 20 types of books I wanted to read this year. Although I will probably end up reading +23 books, as one of my book goals is to read a trilogy. So far I've checked 4 books off of that list, although I've read 6 books. Some books just don't fit into these categories or have already been ticked off.
  • a book with more than 500 pages
  • a book written by someone under 30
  • a book with a one word title
  • a book a friend recommended
  • a trilogy
  • a book that became a movie
  • a thriller
  • a book set in a different country
  • a book you can finish in a day
  • a book set in the future
  • a book published this year
  • a bok with a number in the title
  • a book from an author you love that you haven' read yet
  • a book that came out the year you were born
  • a book that made you cry
  • a book that was originally written in another language
  • a book you started but never finished
  • a book with a colour in the title
  • a book by an author you've never read before
  • a graphic novel
I mostly read in german and english, but like to mix it up with dutch and swedish.
 
I may add that I also include audio books into my reading challenge. As I drive to work a lot I love to listen to audio books to have a better time. And for me listening to an audio book and reading a book is the same since both keep me from sitting in front of the computer way too long.
 
Would you be interested in a frequent update of my reads? 
Lots of Love
Julie